Tuesday, June 19, 2012

June Birchbox

Ahh, finally a box I actually WANT to post about. This BB was awesome for me this month. Well partially because I'm trading one of my items. (:


Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner




I love love love this liner. It's super black, and goes on REALLY well. I've tried many different liquid liners in a marker form and none of them really work out, which sucks because the normal liquid liners are such a pain to apply. This liner has awesome staying power, and makes a wonderful clean line.

And a bonus, it's only $15.00! This is my new HG eyeliner.

Melvita Floral Water




This is the item I have traded in my box. I'm not really sure what floral water really is.. On the BB website, it says that it refreshes and soothes skin. I realllly wanted the Stila One-Step Bronzer, but I didn't get it in my box. So I went to the trade forum on MakeupTalk and found someone to trade my floral water for bronzer which I'm waiting to get! I'm really excited to get it. Anyways, I didn't really have a use for this product and I have no opinion on it.

Full Size- $22.00

theBalm Stainiac in Beauty Queen




Again, another product that I love! It's supposed to be for your cheeks or lips, but I don't think I will ever use it for a cheek tint. It looks awesome on my lips, especially when it's layered on.


Terrible picture quality, but whatever. It looks awesome. I would definitely recommend this stain for anyone. It's gorgeous!

Full Size- $17.00


Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream



First off, this was a tiny sample. Seriously. It doesn't seem that small, but it is. NOT a deluxe sized sample. But anyway, I didn't even really like it. It could be moisturizing, but the smell puts me off. It smells like Vicks. What kind of skin cream would want to smell like that? Not my favorite thing, but I'll use it because it's such a small amount. 

Full Size- $16.00

Cynthia Rowley Band-Aids


I actually really like these Band-Aids. They're super cute so you can look chic, even with a cut! I will definitely be using these on the next cut I get!

The set on BB comes with Neosporin and a fabric pouch that sells for $11.00. But I also hear you can get just the Band-Aids at CVS for around $3.00. Much more affordable.

John Varvatos Star U.S.A. Cologne




I was a little peeved at the idea of this for a while, and I'm still not the happiest about it. This is a men's sample of cologne that they put in our boxes for Father's Day. What that actually means is buy our men's subscription. It's a little annoying because my boyfriend only likes certain things, especially with cologne. He knows what cologne he loves and that's all he buys. I had to beg him to just try it on one time. It smells awesome, but it was a disappointment to see these go out in the women's subscriptions.

1.7 Oz- $55.00 3.4 Oz- $70.00


This box was a total win for me. It didn't contain the $36 Stila Bronzer, but I still get to trade for it and had 3 other items that I loved. I'm really happy that Birchbox stepped it up this month especially with the Dr. Jart mishap last month. I will be staying at least until next month, as they are doing a collab box with Glamour Magazine, so that should be interesting.

If you would like to sign up with Birchbox, you can use my referral link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment